Monday, February 23, 2009

Bruce Willis

I will take random actors and list their 3 best and 3 worst films in my opinion randomly for the next week or two. First up is Bruce Willis.


Best
1. Die Hard
2. Pulp Fiction
3. 12 Monkeys


You know in looking at Bruce Willis career, he has surprisingly made a lot of good movies. I left off two movies I love in Sin City and Unbreakable. Die Hard is a given. Not only did it spawn a generation of knockoffs but as far as action movies go, not only does it stand up (despite the 80’sness of it all) it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Pulp Fiction is simply one of the top 10 films of the entire 90’s despite it being way over-analyzed. 12 Monkeys is a movie I really like that a lot of people either didn’t get or forgot about. If you haven’t seen it in awhile, watch it again, it is excellent.


Worst
1. Armageddon
2. Hudson Hawk
3. Blind Date


These three films reek. Armageddon in all seriousness might be the worst movie ever to gross over 100 million. (Well ok, Titanic was pretty bad as well.) The sad part is it actually had a great cast that was not used properly. Suspension of dis-belief is one thing but this movie is for the brain dead. Hudson Hawk goes down as one of the all time busts in history with good reason. I remember upon seeing it the utmost absurdity of the plot. A lot of people have forgotten Blind Date, I wish I was one of them. I saw it at Chicago Ridge back in the day for some reason. Kim Basinger (who I cannot stand) also is in this turd. I remember leaving the theatre very upset. I had to ignore the crapiness of The Story of Us and The Whole Ten Yards but it was hard.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris C. said...

I have to agree with you on the top 3- I agree that 12 Monkey's very under rated! Sin City, Unbreakable are great too. . but, what about Sixth Sense? Another good one in my book!

4:25 PM  
Blogger ZombieDante said...

I never saw the movie North, but I think Bruce was in it. That's supposed to be pretty awful.

12 Monkeys is my No. 1 Bruce pick.

8:50 AM  
Blogger ZombieDante said...

Wait a minutes, what about the Look Who’s Talking movies? Those surely qualify as Bruce’s nadir.

9:23 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

Bruce never appears on screen in the Look Who's Talking movies so, I will give those a pass. Also, Willis is in North so, you have a point on that one.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nick Francone said...

What about Death Becomes Her?

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home