Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I'm a Jackass

I have had more than one person comment on my post a couple of weeks back about my bathroom exploits at Home Depot. I grew up on gross out comedy and hey I still love Dick and Fart jokes. Maybe I’ve never moved past the third grade as far as my intellect is concerned. Or maybe, I just don’t care anymore what people think.

I liked the movie Jackass, and I am proud of it. I listen to Howard Stern and find him funny. I can watch Jerry Springer and laugh my ass off at the endless parade of white trash that feel the need to expose America to their minimal teeth and intellect. I feel no shame and feel no need to defend my tastes. Comedy has only one object in my mind, make me laugh. If I laugh, I like it. Sure, I find Monty Python hilarious but, I don’t look down my nose with some air of superiority at those who don’t . I know I often look down at many things, Meg Ryan films, those who watch Dr. Phil, readers of People and etc… However, I feel no air of superiority when I do so. I just shake my head at those who are entertained by the lot. I guess in the end it is a free country and one likes what one likes. However, if you like Gallagher then, seek help immediately.

Lowbrow humor has a place in our society and it is needed. When Steve-O is lighting bottle rockets out of his ass I find it hilarious. After a shit day at work, thoughtless, lowbrow, juvenile humor is just the prescription for reliving that stress. I have no medical facts to back me up on this but; I contend that stress is the number one cause of health problems in the US. Laughter is a cure for stress.

So, again I offer no apology for what I like. If anyone found my blog in poor taste I am sorry they feel that way. I did not mean to offend. I simply meant to make light of my condition that day. Sure, the detail I went into may have been over the top, but what can I say. I found the scene in American Pie with Finch on the toilet funny.

Also, I would ask anyone to please feel free to comment on any post of mine. I realize this blog is the ultimate in vanity. I could sit here and try to defend having a blog site. Simply put it is much cheaper to write a blog than go to a therapist.

4 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

what happen to me and my brother?

3:30 PM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

Vince bitterly complained about that photo, and I was not a fan of it either so I removed it.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site, go here
http://sportsjunkies.blogspot.com/

5:20 PM  
Blogger ZombieDante said...

I prefer the one where out faces are hidden.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home