Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nail Him Up By His Balls.

I have always hated Norte Dame football. To me they represent everything that is wrong with college athletics. They always seemed to cheat just as much as anyone but had this “Were Norte Dame, we are above all of that nonsense” attitude. I always found the fans of the team to be hypocrites to the tenth power. I would point out things about the program not to like and they would shrug it off as no big deal and come up to be with how they are God’s team.

I just wanted to puke every time I heard that or about the “Touchdown Jesus they had in the end zone. I just never got the whole Norte Dame thing and what I never understood were the morons that never went to school there yet, still root for the team like it was life or death. All of this boiled over under the Lou Holtz era.

To me Lou Holtz was an arrogant cheating asshole that thought he was above it all. He was smug, condescending and felt he could do what ever he wanted because he was Lou Holtz. The height of my hate for him came in 1988 when he led Norte Dame to a National championship. I always contended that Holtz was as dirty a recruiter as any one else but the Irish faithful always told me how clean the program was. Than when they played Miami later in the year the game was dubbed the Criminals vs. the Saints. I would always ask just which team is which. Holtz seemed to bask in this we a re better than everyone else bullshit and it made me hate the man even more

My favorite story about him (and there are many) is about the kicker he was recruiting. There was a kicker Scott Bentley that was being recruited by both Florida State and Norte Dame. Holtz thought that since the kids dad went to South Bend that the kid would eventually see his way down to Indiana. Well, he decided to go to Florida State and the day his signed a letter of intent Lou Holtz called him. Holtz than proceeded to verbally assault the boy and tell him that his father who had just passed away was “rolling over in his grave” over his decision. He called the kid a traitor and told him he would always regret not following in his father’s footsteps. Ya, the guy’s an asshole.

So, it was with great glee that this morning I read in the paper than South Carolina, the school that Holtz would coach at next after leaving Norte Dame admitted to major violations under Holtz’s tenure. The school is now on two years probation and is going to be left in shambles because of his actions. It seems to me that this just proves what I’ve always believed. Holtz cheated in 88 and the only reason he wasn’t called to the carpet for anything was that he was the holier than thou Norte Dame.

You see, the NCAA is all about money and Norte Dame football is the biggest revenue generator of them all. There is no way they would kill the golden goose short of catching them red handed with their hands in the cookie jar. I mean Lou Holtz didn’t just wake up and say, you know what I ran a clean program at Norte Dame but, here if feel I have to cheat to win. The guy always been an asshole and a cheater and finally the chickens are coming home to roost. It’s about damn time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.........ND is at the top of my hate list and Holtz is right there with it. What makes this revelation even more special is that Steve Spurrier inherits this mess. Now that's karma!!!!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was Catholics verse Convicts not Criminals verse Saints.

8:46 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

OK, and still that implied Miami was a bunch of convcits. And I'm sure there were no catholics on that team. I just fucking hate Norte Dame.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home