Thursday, July 07, 2005

What's Going On

Sorry for the lack of posts. The reason for the lull in activity is due to both the holiday weekend and the fact that I am getting my ass kicked at work. Here is a brief rundown of the last week or so.

Friday – I got out of work at three, as the office was dead. So, with the extra time I sat on my ass and watched the end of the latest Cub’s loss. I knew it was going to be a crazy weekend so; I tried to not make a lot of plans. The wife and I went to eat at Taj Mahal an Indian restaurant in Orland. I could give or take the place. I mean I like Indian food and all but the best thing I can say about this place is its location. Unfortunately, our area does not offer a lot of Indian places so we kind of have to live with this one. While it is not bad, I certainty have had a whole lot better. We than had to hit Cub foods so Joyce could buy some supplies for making some potato salad. After that, we headed home and I pop in the Corporation from Netflix. It is a long ass movie and just makes me want to start the revolution myself. I than went to bed for the evening.

Saturday – I got up and went to the bank and the post office. Knowing that I was going to a cookout later in the day I did not want to pig out for lunch so I grabbed a salad there and Joyce and I split a Panini. After eating and watering the plants outside, we headed to my Aunts house in Lemot for a cookout. I enjoyed some chicken and a couple of sausage sandwich’s and washed it all down with Pabst. I than proceed to get my ass kicked at whiffle ball. I have been playing so much softball that my whiffle swing is completely out of whack. After the humiliation at the hands of my cousin Mike, my brother and my wife, I settled into the house for some cards. Eventually we headed home for the evening.

Sunday – Got up and had yet another cookout to hit as my cousin Kevin was having a going away party in the woods. He is moving to Las Vegas in early August. So, I got up went to Walgreen’s to get a card and than grabbed a cup of soup from the Patio. We then proceeded to Bolingbrook to my cousin’s party. I only had one beer, as I was not in a drinking mood. I did get some revenge on my wife by beating her at badminton. We also threw a Frisbee around and played a couple of games of bags. I wished my cousin well in Vegas and headed home to catch Entourage. I than put in Sideway’s, which while not a bad flick was not as good as advertised.

Monday – For the 4th I purposely tried to clear the plate as I had already had a hectic weekend. I did some work in the garage and ran to Menards. I went to the grocery store and bought a chicken as my wife had bought this device to cook a chicken on the grill with a beer can. So, we made that and it came out pretty good. I sat around watched the Cubs lose yet again and got ready for the week ahead at work.

Tuesday – It was the first day back after a three-day weekend and everyone kind of has that post holiday fog going. I had another uneventful day at work and had to head to my Aunt’s in Frankfort to try to fix her computer. I won’t go into the boring details but she has a somewhat old machine that is having some major issues, which are casing her not to be able to get her e-mail. Sadly, after a couple of hours I was not able to fix them and I have come to the conclusion that her pc needs to be upgraded. The wife and I hit Ricobenne’s on the way home and I ate a great breaded steak sandwich.

Wednesday – I spent the morning and afternoon just getting my ass kicked at work. I mean it was brutal. The day flew by, as I was not able to sit down all day. I then headed home for my softball game. The Softball’s just creamed this other hapless team and we won by the amazing score of 18-2. We have finished third in the league, which means we made the playoffs, and get a game next week. Considering we started 0-3 we have been on quite a run as of late. After the game I hit the Castle (the bar that was kind enough to sponsor us) and grabbed a steak sandwich and a couple of Miller High Life’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home