Monday, January 07, 2008

Indiana Wants Me

I am going to be on hiatus for a couple of days in the cyber world as my job takes me to the wonderful cornfields of Indiana. This should be an interesting trip. I am driving to Indianapolis, which is about a three hour drive, to do some work in our office there. Then, I head off to Crane, Indiana (Population 203) which is a two hour drive from the capital of Indiana, to perform some upgrades to that office. Our company has a location on a Naval Base there, and man do I love those Naval Bases.

I have never had a positive experience on any military base when I have had to work on them. Every time I have to deal with the asshole security dicks who want a DNA sample to get onto the base. I have never been to the Crane office and the lady who works there told me she hasn’t seen an IT guy there in three years, so I am bracing myself for the worst.

Also, when I put in the address for the base into mapquest it could not find it. So, I asked the lady there for directions and she hand wrote some and faxed them to me instead of sending me an email. This place is literally in the middle of nowhere. Wish me luck because I am going to need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home