Friday, May 02, 2008

More Observations

Here are some more observations I have made the last couple of weeks.

Apparently Diet soda does not work. I guess when you order two Big Mac’s, a large fry, an apple pie along with the diet coke, it does not induce weight loss. I don’t drink much soda, diet or regular much anymore. Back in the day I was a Pepsi fan but, anything diet related always tasted like shit. I do see a ton of lardo’s still drinking the swill under the illusion that they are drinking something that will help them lose weight.

In truth instead of eating bigger portions along with your diet soda, eat less and exercise more. Then you can enjoy a good tasting beverage. On top of that, I don’t care what the chemical companies say, I would much rather drink something with sugar then, something some scientist developed in a lab.

Nothing says, “I’m a loser” then wearing a shirt that displays the word suck in it. This goes for Cub, Sox or Cardinal fans. If you are a fan of your team then wear your team colors. Wearing a Cubs suck or the popular SUX in stead of Sox shirt just shows what an asshole you are.

You see these people take greater satisfaction in the other team losing then in their own team winning. That is the very definition of a loser. And I am embarrassed when I see Cub fans wearing this shit. If you like the Cubs, that is great. Don’t lower yourself too the lowest common denominator by displaying a shirt mocking another team.

Also, I have never seen a shirt like that, which I thought was even the slightest bit funny or original. Really, all you are doing is advertising the fact you are a drooling idiot. So, I implore Cub nation, leave that amateurish behavior to the South Side or St. Louis. All it does is make them appear like morons, and really they don’t need much help from us in that regard.

I.T. is littered with guys who can not handle pressure. I have been in the Information Technology field since 1992. In that time I have worked with a ton of different people in a number of different companies. And one trait has been prevalent at each place of business I worked for, there were always people who would crack under pressure.

I don’t care what kind of job you have, dealing with things when shit goes bad is essential. For some reason, the dweebs littered in my field can’t handle the slightest problem without blowing a tire. I’ve seen it so many times that it becomes comical. A problem will arise that will require a calm head and instead some personality challenged dweeb will lose their shit. Knowing everything about something IT related is one thing. But, being able to handle pressure is quite another and if one does not have that ability, then they are a liability.

Just because you’re hot, doesn’t mean you are cool. Have you ever noticed that certain really attractive women have many annoying personality traits? Like they think just because God gave them the hot gene, that their opinion’s are more valid, then us mere common folk? When in reality, their simple minded feelings are as shallow as a puddle. There are a million good looking women on earth. Not of all of them but some of them know it and act like they are the end all be all. Well, I don’t have time to mess around with that attitude. Being cool accounts for so much more in my book then looks ever has. One thing I learned as time went on is that looks fade and personalities are forever. And trust me there is nothing worse then having to deal with a woman who was good looking at one time and has lost her looks.

Phil’s Pizza can suck my cock. I tired ordering a pizza yesterday from Phil’s on Ridgeland. I have ordered numerous pizza’s from them over the years. A number of months ago, I picked up my home phone to order a pie. The manager got on and told me that I was going to have to pre-pay for it because there was a problem the last time someone with my phone number ordered.

I had no idea what he was talking about. When I pressed him for information about it, he had none. So, since there are a hundred other places to get a pizza at, I said screw it. In the coming months, if I wanted to order from Phil’s I just picked up my cell phone and placed the order. (Showing how pointless his ban really was.) Well, yesterday the wife wanted Phil’s. So, without thinking about it, I picked up my home phone and attempted to place an order. Again the manager came on the phone and told me I would either have to charge it over the phone or come in first pay, and wait for the pie.

The problem is I did nothing wrong and I don’t feel the need to have to pre pay for the honor of eating a Phil’s pizza. (While, I think Phil’s is good, it is not great. I have had better.) I tried talking to the manager again about this issue and basically he was a complete dick to me on the phone. Totally accusatory again about something, that I did not do. Not that I even know what the problem is. When I asked him again, he did not have specifics. Finally after arguing with him about this, he pushed my buttons to the point where I told him to stick his fucking pizza up his Dago ass. (I can use the term Dago because I am one.) So, that is it. I am never going to eat Phil’s pizza again. I would rather starve then give that owner any of my money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home